Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Job Title: Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Country: USA
- Location: Suwanee, GA
- Department: Engineering
- Job type: On-site
- Employment type: Full time
The Manufacturing Engineer/Continuous improvement engineer provides production support for manufacturing process and technical drawings. The ME/CI Engineer assists in developing and implementing continuous improvement tools across the organization. At the manager’s discretion, the ME/CI Engineer works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
Your main challenges
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company
- Observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment policies and safety policies
- Create graphical representations of special and standard customer order requirements
- Provide timely resolution of product, process, and equipment problems in the form of root cause analysis and creative short- and long-term solutions.
- Develop, test, and optimize manufacturing processes for new and existing products that will reduce product variability, increase yields, reduce operating costs, and increase productivity.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan fabrication requirements and assembly
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Review technical documents to plan work.
- Ability to interface with manufacturing, marketing, quality assurance, vendors and customers.
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data findings and make recommendations to improve customer satisfaction and/or process/product/personnel performance
- Document operational procedures.
- Eliminate interruptions to operations by providing clear documentation/drawings for manufacturing completion
- Source, create and repair tooling for production equipment
What we look for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required – Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Required – Minimum of 7 plus years of experience in Metal, Plastic, and Fabric fabrication/production, assembly, slitting, machining, and distribution.
- Required – Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Required – Competency with the ability to teach others Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Required – Competency with Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Required – Competency with Automation Design
- Required – High Competency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Applications
What we offer
Things you should know about Habasit’s opportunities:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent health insurance benefits which includes a bundled medical + dental package
- 401(k) program with up to 6% company match (at 100%)
- Tuition reimbursement (with Manager approval)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Referral bonus