Health, Safety & Environment Manager
- Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Manager
- Country: USA
- Location: Suwanee, GA
- Department: Quality Health and Safety
- Job type: On-site
- Employment type: Full time
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Develop, coordinate, and implement corporate/plant health, safety and environmental programs
Your main challenges
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – HS&E:
- Provide technical safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Prepare written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Participate in new product/process reviews including process hazard analyses, Operator Training, etc.
- Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Support plant personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and specific training programs.
- Assist as necessary in implementation of Hazard Communication program.
- Review process operating procedures/batch records and provide input for safety and health considerations.
- Understand Federal and State (CA, TX, IL, CT, GA, PA, NY) occupational safety and health regulations and monitor regulatory changes (through Federal Register, etc.) as they occur.
- Advise manufacturing plants and corporate staff of regulatory changes with which the plants must comply. Sufficient advance notice should be provided so that compliance on the effective date of new regulations is assured.
- Periodically audit practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health regulations.
- Initiate and monitor lost-time injuries/illnesses and Worker's Compensation Claims.
- Review plant safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports.
- Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow-up as necessary.
- Manage all HS&E reporting and metrics.
- Completion of Injury Management Tool Kit™ (Provided by Gallagher)
- National Workers’ Compensation Management Score™
- Track and Monitor RTW Ratio (Return to Work)
- Consolidation, Review and Dissemination of incident and resolution information to each Safety Committee.
- Train and provide assistance in training activities.
- Manage workers compensation process
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – SECURITY:
- Manage all On and Off Boarding activities pertaining to security (building access, badges, pictures, etc.)
- Manage the assignment and maintenance of all cellular phones for corporation.
- Manage the assignment and maintenance of all leased vehicles for corporation.
- Responsible for Fleet Insurance cards, all insurance claims, renewal of registration and licenses.
- Responsible for maintaining all Motor Vehicle Record verifications.
What we look for
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required – Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Required – Minimum 5 years experience in Health, Safety & Environmental profession
- Preferred - P.E. registration, IOSH-RSP, CSP, CIH, CHP or CRSP certification.
- Preferred – Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing environments.
- Preferred - Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Required – Read, Write and Comprehend English.
What we offer
Things you should know about Habasit’s opportunities:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent health insurance benefits which includes a bundled medical + dental package
- 401(k) program with up to 6% company match (at 100%)
- Tuition reimbursement (with Manager approval)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Referral bonus