Belt Fitter - Wishaw
- Job Title: Belt Fitter - Wishaw
- Country: UK
- Location: Wishaw
- Department: Sales and Service
- Job type: 100%
- Employment type: Permanent
Your main challenges
- To provide a professional belt fitting service to customers at their premises.
- Prepare belts in the workshop to customer specifications.
- Maintain the workshop and all stock in an orderly and safe manner, giving full consideration to Health & Safety/COSHH legislation.
- To carry out customer visits, surveys, belt specifications and any other activity required at customers sites.
- Ensure stock records are updated or details of stock used are left for your supervisor.
- Operation of the IT functions relating to works orders, completion, despatch and stock management, in accordance with the SOP Training Manual.
- Operation of the IT function relating to goods received, in accordance with POP Training Manual.
- Preparation and joining of belts to the exacting standards identified during initial training and specified in the various technical manuals.
- Fitting of belts at customer sites, which includes the preparation of the machinery to fit a belt and returning the machine to a position for the belt to be tracked by the customer.
- Where requested to by the customer and in the company of the customer’s engineer or representative, track fitted belts.If a customer does not provide an engineer or representative, track the belt but complete relevant documentation showing that this was a requirement of the customer.
- Complete accurately and clearly all documentation relating to fitting on your PDA, which includes fitting service control pages, customer satisfaction pages and any other documents or forms introduced from time to time.
- Provide an “on call” emergency service as required by the service centre or department rota.
- When called out to attend an emergency fitting, provide a full fitting service as required by the customer. Where local arrangements cannot meet the customer’s needs, utilise the services of other locations for stock and/or fitting support.
- Maintain to the highest standard all equipment and tools and any used are PAT testing.
- Maintain the workshop and stock in an orderly and safe condition, giving due regard to the care of all stock and personnel.
- Your responsibilities for this work will not alter if, due to the volume, certain tasks have to be delegated. You will also be expected to help within the company’s other administrative functions whenever requested, but especially during holiday periods.
- Observation of all Health & Safety/COSHH procedures and practices.
- Use of PDA’s and any electronic device brought it.
- Any reasonable request from your supervisor.
- The safe keeping of work tools and equipment, either the property of Habasit or the customer’s.
- Maintenance and careful handling of all company vehicles allocated for fitting tasks.
What we look for
- Experience in belt fitting and working in the conveying industry desirable but not essential.
- Educated to GCSE equivalent in English and Maths.
- Practical ability with engineering experience or qualification.
- Must understand and apply the Company’s business objectives and customer service standards.
- Previous belt fitting experience useful though not essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be detailed and methodical in approach to tasks.
- Must be able to drive and have a clean UK driving licence, experience of driving a van.
- Will be required to drive a fork-lift truck.
- Has a working knowledge of Health & Safety and COSHH procedures.
- An eye for quality and and consistency with a customer minded approach.
What we offer
We offer an attractive place to work and personal development in an empowered working culture. You will benefit from the expertise and opportunities of a solid global group of companies and the reputation of its products.