TPU Belt Scraper
Belt scrapers are an essential component on the production line in many sectors of the food processing industry. They are used to remove sticky parts of the transported goods from the belt. This prevents spillage and material accumulation on the return roller that could potentially lead to bacterial growth and food contamination.
While belt scrapers must be efficient, they must also avoid scratching or damaging the belt surface, which could decrease belt lifetime. This can happen if they are made of metal or hard plastic. However, on the other hand, if belt cleaning is not properly performed, material leaks at transfer points can lead to the accumulation of extra material on the roller drums, causing tracking problems and damage to belt edges.
Key advantages of using the Habasit TPU belt scraper:
- Superior cleaning effectiveness even when used with liquids (oil, water, detergent, etc.), ensuring increased hygiene and food safety
- Extended belt lifetimes, leading to lower maintenance costs and reduced downtime
- X-ray and metal detectable version for additional food safety procedures
- Food approval from both the EU and FDA
- Suitable for all types of fabric and monolithic belts
When the material transported is made of coarse, sticky, or wet particles, the primary scraper is placed against the drive pulley immediately after the discharge flow. The vertical position depends on the belt speed and the size of the goods.
A secondary scraper can be installed along with the primary scraper if more thorough cleaning is required. It can also be installed alone if the transported material is dry and fine. Usually mounted after the drive pulley, in this configuration the scraper pushes directly against the belt to increase cleaning efficiency.
TPU Belt Scraper bar (PDF, 626 KB)