Quality Assurance Technician - Split Shift
- Job ID: Quality Assurance Technician - Split Shift
- Position title: Quality Assurance Technician - Split Shift
- Location: USA
- Site: Suwanee, GA
- Legal entity: Habasit Amercia
- Department: Fabrication and assembly
- Job type: Full Time
- Employment type: N/A
- Shift work: 10:30am - 7pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education - High School Degree / Equivalent Minimum
- Ability to read
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to fill out product certification paperwork
- Ability to work within metric and imperial systems
- Ability to competently use required hand-tools, including but not limited to calipers, tape measures, etc.
- Ability to use computer and access company ERP and instruction systems
- Ability to identify conformance / nonconformance
- Quality inspection experience
- Ability to read and interpret job traveler listed information and customer supplied information, including drawings
- Ability to work overtime
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Requirements - Lifting up to 45 pounds, foot traffic throughout shop, conformance to all safety requirements
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – CORE:
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment policies and safety policies.
- Occasional contact with Associates outside of the department and Management outside of the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – PRODUCTION:
- Follow all safety guidelines when operating machines.
- Keep desk areas and aisles clean (5S Principles).
- To ensure the quality of Habasit products.
- Perform In-process and Subcontract inspections.
- Complete Final inspections.
- Ensure that non-conforming material is not released for sale or distribution.
- Compile non-conforming material reports.
- Assist in RMA processing.
- Individual will perform sampling inspection on large volume orders in line with applicable MIL spec.
- Inspector will follow all procedures related to job
- Maintain own productivity while performing the duties mentioned above.
- Any other duties as assigned