Production Technician - Level 2
- Job ID: Production Technician - Level 2
- Position title: Production Technician - Level 2
- Location: Canada
- Site: BROSSARD, QUEBEC, Canada
- Legal entity: Habasit America
- Department: Fabrication and assembly
- Job type: Full Time
- Employment type: N/A
- Shift work: N/A
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – PRODUCTION:
Level 1 Duties
- Performs visual quality inspection of product prior to and upon completion of assigned work.
- Measures work piece dimensions to assess conformance.
- Initials work order upon completion of job duty and inspection of work performed as acknowledgment of properly completing task.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Performs a combination of production tasks, which may include: loading machinery, positioning work, setting up jobs, adjusting and operating machinery.
- May load and unload materials, parts or products; stock to designated work areas; pack products and may clean surface of machines and work areas.
- Operates machinery and equipment.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Able to access databases as necessary to retrieve work instructions in order to perform work.
- Maintain own productivity while performing the duties mentioned above.
- Prepares material for shipping.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Level 2 Duties
- Can perform all duties of Technicians - Level 1.
- Use computer systems to find location of parts.
- Assist with department organization relating to processing orders, directing people, answering technical questions with orders; ensure daily orders are completed by the end of day.
- Assists department associates to maintain department and company standards by addressing situations with associates as they are discovered.
- Identify different material types, sizes and colors.
- Utilizes a variety of tools.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred - High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Preferred – Minimum one year experience.
- Required – Ability to use a calculator and tape measure.
- Required – Read, Write and Comprehend English.
- Preferred – Basic computer skills (enter data).
- Preferred – Must know two (2) or more Fabrication Processes