Production Installation Technician - Irving, TX
- Job ID: Production Installation Technician
- Position title: Production Installation Technician
- Site: Irving, TX
- Legal entity: Habasit America
- Job type: Full Time
- Employment type: N/A
- Shift work: N/A
Candidates must be willing to travel and be available to work outside normal business hours.
Overview of this position:
- installation and repair of machinery/equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Performs a wide variety of semi-repetitive tasks including machine operation, sub assembly and assembly to build routine units. Methods and sequence of operation are described by work instructions, parts lists, diagrams or work order.
- Performs repair and installation of belting off-site and on customer’s equipment.
- Prepares and submits service reports.
- Inspects customer’s equipment to facilitate reports for customers and HA.
- Demonstrate understanding of joining techniques and methods and proper use of joining tools, equipment and materials.
- Following all departmental procedures
- Following all production and installation procedures and work instructions
- Observing confined space procedures
- Identification and status of materials for installation
- Reporting of nonconforming materials
- Participating in corrective action and problem solving investigations
- Performing in process and final inspections during installations
- Machine operation, setup, and part production
- Reporting any machine or equipment problems
- Following all machine safety procedures
- Housekeeping and cleanliness
- Safe operation of all material handling equipment
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required - High school diploma
- Required - Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar environment
- Required - Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Required - Able to interpret sketches and blueprints
- Required - Valid drivers license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May use a variety of small hand tools or power tools.
- May operate automatic or semi-automatic machines and assembly equipment.
- May be required to safely handle a variety of adhesives and solvents.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and/or hear.
- The associate frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.