- Job ID: Assembly Technician
- Position title: Assembly Technician
- Location: USA
- Site: Suwanee, GA
- Legal entity: Habasit America
- Department: Fabrication and assembly
- Job type: Full Time
- Employment type: N/A
- Shift work: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required – Ability to use a calculator and a tape measure.
- Required – Read, Write and Comprehend English.
- Required – Ability to inspect work orders for accuracy and fill out all the required inspection documentation.
- Preferred - High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Preferred - Previous experience in manufacturing.
- Preferred – Basic computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently - Talk and Hear.
- Frequently – Stand and walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently - Lift 20 pounds.
- Occasionally - Lift 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION – CORE:
To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company. While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required. Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position. Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit rules, employment policies and safety policies.
Performs visual quality inspection of product prior to and upon completion of assigned work. Measures work piece dimensions to assess conformance. Initials work order upon completion of job duty and inspection of work performed as acknowledgment of properly completing task.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Performs a combination of production tasks, which may include: loading machinery, positioning work, setting up jobs, adjusting and operating machinery.
- May load and unload materials, parts or products; stock to designated work areas; pack products and may clean surface of machines and work areas.
- Operates machinery and equipment.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides as indicated by scale, rule or template. Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Able to access databases as necessary to retrieve work instructions in order to perform work.
- Maintain own productivity while performing the duties mentioned above.
- Prepares material for shipping.
Any other duties as assigned.