- Transverse to the running direction for inclined or declined conveying or product placement
- Diagonally or staggered to the running direction for inclined or declined conveying or product placement
- Laterally as a side border to avoid product falling off the conveyor belt
- Along and above the running direction of the belt edges as a side skirt
- Mounted on the belt running side as a tracking guide to equalize or balance transversal forces
Mounting: This is usually done by welding, and is carried out by a Habasit representative. In some cases, types can be attached with adhesive.