How to clean belts?
We recommend that you keep your belts' adhesive qualities intact by cleaning and conditioning belts when necessary. A clean belt will properly offer the friction qualities it should.
- Soap and water: For all belt types; Nylon belts should be dried after washing
- Alcohol: Spot cleaning on all belts
- Alkalis (low concentration): Not for use on EPDM rubber
- Ammonia: Not for use on NBR, EPDM or Silicone
- Borax: Good for all belting
- Chlorine: Do not use
- Kerosene: Not for use on PVC or EPDM covers
- Live Steam: Not for use on Nylon belts
- Household cleaners: Many are useful, check formulation and perform a spot test
- Quaternary Ammonia: Useful for cleaning/sanitizing food conveyor belts