PVC, TPU or TPO?
When should I use a PVC belt and when should I use a Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) or a Polyolefine (TPO) belt?
As a rule of thumb, for low-end applications without special demands PVC-coated belts normally will do the job. On the other hand, more demanding or specific applications can require appropriate product features. As a general recommendation the following can be kept in mind:
- suitable for most low-end applications
- reasonable price
- resistant to most chemicals (except solvents, oil)
- superior abrasion resistance
TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)
- superior strength for mechanically demanding applications
- good abrasion resistance
- good temperature resistance for a wide range of applications
TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin)
- excellent release and antisticking properties
- excellent chemical resistance
- excellent low temperature properties
Other coating materials Belts with different coating materials, like PU, NBR, EPDM, silicone etc., are available upon request.Back